Our coastal survival course takes place on a small island in Phang Nga Bay. This is an easy course that is suitable for anyone interested in survival and/or for those who’d just like to chill on a secluded beach for a couple of days while learning some useful survival skills.
We can go as hardcore as you wish during the day but come evening, we’re going to relax and basically have a comfortable camp with tents, a big campfire, great food, etc.
Coastal Survival Skills Training:
- You’ll learn how to set up a camp safely
- How to start a fire using a fire striker
- How to make fish traps
- You’ll learn knots
- You’ll learn how to make a fishing net
- Learn how to make rice-cooking cylinders, drinking cups, spoons, and knives out of bamboo
- You’ll go fishing
- You’ll search for oysters and other coastal food
- You’ll learn wild edible plants (though islands tend to have much fewer edible plants than the mainland
- You’ll go on a rugged hike through the thick verdant jungle (optional). There is a nice viewpoint at the top of the ridge
This trip departs from Phuket. You’ll take the public speedboat ferry to Koh Yao Noi, then switch over to a private longtail boat to travel to the island.
The beach is quite nice. Phuket is in the background. Some other islands are in the foreground. This is a lovely peaceful setting.
Note: We try to limit this to around six participants. Larger groups are welcomed if you’re coming as a group. This is a family-friendly adventure that is suitable for children.
If you’re interested, contact us.